Sunday, July 23, 2006

Berjaya Resort, Tioman Island



Of course, it took much longer for us to head out on the ferry than we had been told. I believe it was going on 7 p.m. before we went anywhere. It was still storming and the sea was very rough. I'm glad that I had taken medicine for motion-sickness.

There were lots of people on the ferry. The aircon was blowing full-blast and we just about froze to death! Fortunately, I had a sweater with me, but it was still too cold. There was a woman sitting a few rows behind us who sounded like she was going to cough up her lungs! I do not like crowded enclosed spaces.

We finally arrived at Tioman around 10:30 p.m. It was difficult getting off of the boat and onto the jetty. I had trouble seeing because there was very little light. Somehow or other we made it to the little bus that would take us to Berjaya Resort. Since we were so late in arriving, we missed out on the welcome drinks.

After we got unpacked and settled in our rooms, we went to get a bite to eat. Then strolled around the resort. As we were walking along the beach area, we ran into Hauke and Geli, and Hauke's sister and family -- very nice!

The next day was lovely and Mike and Mike did some snorkeling and we hung out at the pool and pool bar. Beautiful!


No comments: