Tuesday, October 03, 2006

"The Tenth Circle" by Jodi Picoult

I spent most of my morning trying to take care of some financial issues in the U.S. I think I was on hold for most of it! What a pain!

I went online for the programming guide to see what I could watch while doing my elliptical and ended up settling on an old "Judging Amy". I think I've seen that episode 3 times now, it's a good one though. I can't use the DVD player because it isn't hooked up. The last TV Michael bought from the employee store is a POS. Never get a POS TV!

After doing my duty of one hour on the elliptical, I decided I'd start in on the next book for our club -- "The Tenth Circle" by Jodi Picoult. She got me hooked within the first few paragraphs. I've not been able to put it down. There are a lot of parallels to the last book we read, "Man and Boy" by Tony Parsons: married couple with one child, father is a stay-at-home dad, mother is a professor of literature specializing in Dante. I won't say anymore than that because I don't want to spoil it. I would definitely recommend this one even though I'm only on page 115 out of 385.

1 comment:

Fuyouni Victorious said...

jodi picoult is in town if u've not known yet!

national library, 10may, 5pm :)